A Practical Approach to English Form 4 Learner’s Book ( New Curriculum in Zimbabwe)
Author: Varaidzo Makopa Wishes Mututwa
This is a learner centred comprehensive book which gives learners an effective understanding of the learning area. It constitutes of the following features:
• The book presents information in a simple way from known to unknown, which is easy for the learners to understand.
• There are twenty-two chapters in this book.
• There are pictures that illustrate different concepts to enhance understanding.
• The book provides practical activities that seek to engage learners through participatory learning.
• The book teaches comprehension skills, summary writing skills, supporting language structures, composition writing, registers and communication among other key concepts.
• It carries an exercise which covers every aspect of language taught. There are at least five exercises per each chapter. The exercises are well numbered for easy reference and identification.
• What makes the book more interesting is that it includes; quiz, puzzles and word matching activities so as to make the learning area more enjoyable.
• The book also contains three examinations that will help to measure the performance of learners after covering a certain number of chapters.
• The book can easily be used by a teacher as he or she is aided to conduct well structured